July 29, 2015

WIP Wednesday

Hello, hello!

I've been busy, busy sewing away - here's a little update on my current WIP status:
  • HST sampler QAL - add borders, quilt & bind
  • Red Velvet layer cake - quilt & bind
  • Diamond Jubilee jelly roll race - quilt & bind
And here's a little sneak peak at the work I've been doing today on my jelly roll race quilt.  First, sandwiching and spray basting, which was a real joy with Greta (cat) involved, I can assure you.


Then under the machine and the quilting began!  I decided on soft rolling waves along the length of the strips, so as to give some sense of movement and soften all of those hard lines.

 

Everything was going swimmingly until I ran out of thread - eek!   Another trip to the quilt shop is clearly in order and in the meantime, I have another - new - project to begin.

Linking up to Freshly Pieced:

No comments:

Post a Comment