Last year I joined in Material Girl's layer cake quilt-along project, featuring HST blocks. I really enjoyed working on this project - two blocks were released a week for ten weeks and surprisingly, I managed to keep pace. Then I came to the sashing and promptly ran out of Kona white. A trip to the quilt shop for more white and I discovered while cutting the new sashing strips that it was not Kona white that I'd purchased. Sigh.
Suffice it to say, I got busy, life happened and this project has since sat on my sewing table for a year.
More Kona white purchased and a dose of enthusiasm later, and I'm pleased to show off a freshly sashed quilt top:
I'm so happy with how this is turning out so far. The sashing went together well and now I need to start deciding on borders and binding. I intend to do scrappy binding, which I love the look of but for the borders, only a few of the fabrics I used are larger than FQs so I'll have to choose from among them. I have a good chunk of the turquoise from the first block in row two (left side) and a really large chunk of the buttery yellow from the last block in row four (right side) so those are the most likely choices.
Detail shot of the pieced blocks:
And for good measure, one more shot from dead on at the foot of the bed:
Linking up to Freshly Pieced: