August 08, 2014

Vintage Bliss Cards II

Before going on holiday, I shared with you two cards I made using an older Simple Stories Vintage Bliss sticker sheet.  I actually made an additional two cards using those stickers, which I'm happy to share with you today.

Having shared with you previously my extremely belated Mother's Day card for my mum, I'm sure you won't be surprised to hear that I also had an equally belated Mother's Day card for my granny.

Happy (Mother's) Day

Again, I went unconventional on the sentiment; I quite liked the quirkiness of it.  My gran has always been into gardens and loves flowers so I knew I wanted to work in this seed chart journaling card from OA's Woodland Park line.  I pulled out the matching 12x12 patterned pattern and fussy-cut matching flowers as additional embellishments, then used the little phrase banners to fill the empty space on the card.

Next I made a birthday card for a friend who's had a really difficult go of it the last six months.

SMILE Birthday Card

I really wanted this card to brighten her day so I kept things clean and simple and focused on that message of hope and encouragement.  And of course nothing makes me smile quite like beautiful, glittery gold sequins.  A simple doodled border added to the light and airiness while keeping everything grounded.

And in case you're wondering, my to-do list of cards hasn't shortened any recently...

No comments:

Post a Comment