May 03, 2014

WIP Saturday

It's National Scrapbooking Day today but I seem to have gotten a wee bit confused because I spent it sewing!  But I have a good reason; I finally had both a fresh roll of thread and more importantly, time to sew thanks to the May Day long weekend.  In fact, I'm on day three of sewing, having spent the last two days at my friends' cottage working on various stitching projects.

Today I put together the final four blocks for my HST sampler quilt-along so I'm feeling very accomplished!

 Block #17

 Block #18

 Block #19

Block #20

Whew!  That's 20 quilt blocks now ready for squaring up and sashing tomorrow.  Then the fun of block placement begins.

I also finished off another milk carton woven basket.  This one in a smaller size (the size we've been making with my students at work) - 2x3 base and using orange juice cartons.  If you missed it, you can see my first basket here.


Not too shabby for a day's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment