December 17, 2013

Closing Out 2013

Hello, everyone and welcome back for my final post of 2013.  Tomorrow I will be winging my way back to Canada to spend the holidays with family and friends there and sadly, I won't have much in the way of an Internet connection (did I mention that my family live out in the middle of no where - literally, cattle field and my parents' house...) so we'll all have to wait for my return to Sweden come January before hearing from me.

So while I have you here I'd like to take a moment to thank you for having visited, commented and just generally supported this little blog of mine for the last six months.  As I may have mentioned in one of my first posts, running a blog was something that I'd long been considering and I'm so glad that I finally took the plunge.  Needless to say, I'm looking forward to continuing into 2014 and I hope that you will join me.

Now I have one final project for 2013 to share with you all.  This is a little birthday card that I made for a friend whose birthday just happens to be on St. Lucia day (December 13 for those of you not familiar with this Sweden tradition).  I loved the combination of OA's Cakewalk papers with Pebbles' From Me to You accents so much from my last birthday card (Hello 50th) that I decided to repeat the combination.


Now you have to understand that I absolutely adore these OA papers and while I believe I have a bit more of that polka dot paper left, this was my last scrap of the star paper and the urge to hoard and admire it forever was very tempting!  But the fact that this last piece was the exact size for an A6 card was clearly a sign that it was destined for something greater than sitting in my scraps pile, don't you think?

The pretty lime green glitter tape I managed to find at the local TGR shop (Danish dollar store) so I snatched up a roll of that and broke into it right away.  The sentiment, label and flowers are all stickers and a chipboard from the Pebbles collection.  Nice and simple; especially important at this busy time of year.

So that's it from me for the year.  I won't have the opportunity to scrapbook while away for the holidays (although I will be loading up on whatever goodies I find there).  I will, however, be taking my embroidery with me so I may have another finished month's worth of blocks to share upon my return and as my mother is a (retired!) professional quilter, you never know what other sewn goodies I may come away with.

Wishing you all a very merry holiday season full of cheer and joy, rest and relaxation and safe travels.  See you in the New Year!

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your vacations ! I will travel to my homeland too at the end of the week.
    Nice birthday card by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful holiday and safe travels! See you in the new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card, love how you punched the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! Love the glitter banner and the fun colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card! Love your layer choices and punch use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the glitter strip with the chalkboard together!

    ReplyDelete