October 20, 2013

Pinspiration Sunday

Welcome back for another weekly installment of online inspiration.  Go grab your hot beverage of choice and we'll dive straight in.

Currently:

* listening - to the radio
* reading - Papercraft Inspirations, October issue (I think...)
* making - class photo layouts
* eating - fresh mango, Special K with banana and blueberries, toast & peanut butter
* drinking - OJ
* wearing - jeans, angora & sequins jumper
* weather - mostly rainy, some fog, 11C
* feeling - tired
* wanting - the slightly lingering headache from yesterday to finally go away
* needing - to go grocery shopping (but probably won't...)
* planning - autumn break in Stockholm next week
* thinking - how nice it will be to finally be done with showering and toilet runs to the cellar
* loving - having running water in my flat again!!!
* enjoying - going to opera today to see Miss Siagon

And now on to the pins.

As a cat-lover, I thought this free quilt pattern was quite cute.  The whiskers remind me of chopsticks and gives it an Asian feel (I think).  Simple but effective.

I really liked this modern take on the half square triangle quilt.  I might have a go with this once I'm finished my slab quilt, which I've been itching to continue.

I don't know about you, but I keep all sorts of odds and ends - you just never know when you might need a small piece of something.  Or at least that's what I tell myself.  Get those small pieces of batting you've saved to go to work for you by joining them up on your next project.

How beautiful is this pieced postage stamp heart card?  I love how it uses a quilting technique and real postage stamps.  So simple but a great impact.  Anyone other than me also save postage stamps from letters?

Make your own funny monster dolls.  The faces could be machine or hand stitched or you could applique felt faces.  Simple shapes and bright colours work great together for a quick and easy day project.

OMG, I'm in love!  You have to understand, I have a serious pumpkin and gourd fetish around this time of year and I also have an owl obsession so this is pretty much a match made in heaven!  The sunflower details completely seal the deal.

I really loved the autumnal hues in this rose colour palette, especially when combined with the charcoal grey.

That's it for this week!  Pinspiration Sunday will be taking a break next week, as I will be on holiday in Stockholm going sight-seeing and relaxing - essentially, making more memories to scrapbook.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Special K with banana and blueberries sound really yummy! I love the monster stuffies. Have a great time in Stockholm! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful inspirations you listed and shared :) CUTE DIY monsters! Love those. Have a great holiday~!

    ReplyDelete