October 13, 2013

Pinspiration Sunday

It's Sunday again and I'm trying to breathe some life back into this blog and well, my life.  After six weeks of renovation I'm starting to itch to craft again so I've been returning to finding inspiring blogs, checking out Pinterest and just getting back into the groove again.  So, go grab your hot beverage of choice and come enjoy a little inspiration.

Oh, and to my fellow Canucks, Happy Thanksgiving!  I've unfortunately had to put off my usual Thanksgiving celebration this weekend due to not having water or a bathroom but my thoughts are with the rest of you enjoying your stuffed roast turkey and pumpkin pie (I'm soooo jealous!).

Currently:

* watching - Tabitha Takes Over
* reading - Papercraft Inspirations, September issue
* making - shaped cards
* eating - gnocchi (total YUM!)
* drinking - rationed water
* wearing - jeans, jumper & cardie
* weather - rainy, 11C
* feeling - tired of dirt and arguing with contractors
* wanting - renovations to be complete (just 2 more weeks...)
* needing - running water in my flat again
* planning - autumn holiday in Stockholm
* thinking - not much; too tired
* loving - getting back to some crafting again
* enjoying - Oskar time this weekend

Seeing as it's Thanksgiving weekend, a little patriotism seemed in order and I love the shape of these maple leaves and the fun colours.

I really like these scrappy little leaves and I think they would make fun quilt blocks in a quilt as you go method.  Would be great just for autumn or again, some Canadian love.

How cute is this little gym bag?  I love the patchwork and the little zippered pocket
 
I thought this twist on memory keeping was fun and fresh, even though I'm not really a 'numbers person'.  Some fun ideas to change things up and challenge yourself; it's worth a look into whether you love or hate math (and I promise, as a person who hates math, you needn't worry!).

I really like cityscapes as a design element and I especially love the use of typed book pages on the black background for this card.  Would be perfect for a missing you sentiment or even for a new home owner.

From Creating Keepsakes, this tutorial shows how you can use a doily to create a stitching guide on your scrapbooking pages or cards and you know me, I'm all for stitching on my creations.

One final summer hurrah colour palette.  There's something about this mix of greens, blues and a grey neutral that really appeals to me and it makes me think of Crate Paper's The Pier Ferris Wheel paper (b-side).

1 comment:

  1. I too, am Canadian. I really love your Canadian flag pattern. Plus, I'm thinking that little pattern is a good one to promote.
    Let's talk, carli the quilter at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete