September 01, 2013

Pinspiration Sunday

I love days when I don't have to leave my flat at all; I mean at all!  Today was one of those days - bliss!  Autumn has definitely been setting in here in Sweden - the leaves have been changing colours, the Rowan trees are loaded with berries and the conkers and acorns have already started falling.  The weather has also been turning to cloudy, rainy and a brisk, cold wind.  So all in all, a great day to stay inside and hermit.  So join me with grabbing your hot beverage of choice and curling up with some photo love.

Currently:

* watching - Bones
* reading - Papercraft Inspirations, August issue
* eating - fajitas
* drinking - water
* wearing - PJs, socks & cardi (my flat is pretty cold)
* weather - raining, 15C
* feeling - very full
* wanting - the weekend to continue
* needing - to find someone to cat-sit Oskar during bathroom reno
* planning - next several LOs with new photos ordered today
* loving - playing in my new box of scrapbooking goodies
* enjoying - a lazy, quiet day at home

And now onto the pins...

I'm really diggin' the bed runner trend that's picked up in the last year or so; it's like the perfect fit between making a full-sized quilt and making smaller home decor items.

This pattern caught my eye and the whole website and quilt pattern selection is great, too.  Definitely worth checking out, especially if you love modern quilts.

Have you heard of sashiko?  It's a traditional Japanese stitch technique used on kimonos.  Here in Malmö, we're lucky enough to have a talented Japanese quilter and teacher at the local quilt shop so sashiko features in a number of quilt projects regularly at my guild.  However, I've never thought of using it for patching and I love the idea, especially given that the purpose of sashiko is to strengthen fabrics.  Just cool.

Just saw this pattern this morning on Moda Bake Shop.  It's a great pattern and very detailed instructions with plenty of photos to help guide you.  I also laughed out loud at the 'OCD' comments - a quilter after my own heart (and OCD quirks).

Saw this LO on 2Peas this morning and just loved everything about it.  I've been slowly working through my Down by the Shore collection and found this very inspiring.

I love using photo enlargements on my pages.  This one caught my eye because of the white space along the left (and a little on the right, too), the soft colours that seem to melt into the white cardstock and the fun line of tags.

I've been searching for a good photo collage programme for my computer.  I have one on my mobile phone and have gone through several for my PC but I haven't liked any.  Until I found this one today.  It's free, ridiculously easy to use and available as either an online or installable version, available for desktops (Mac & PC) and mobile phones (iPhone & Android).  I made the above collage for my monthly photo order, which I should have within a few days and will let you know what the quality is like.

And now for something truly fun and awesome - design your own shoes!  Squee!  I love shoes - heels, platforms, wedges - basically anything but flats.  I'm going to have to be very careful with this site, or it could become very addicting (and likely expensive).

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun post! I have enjoyed your Pinspiration Sunday, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo...I will have to look up that sashiko repair technique. I hand pieced a Dresdan plate quilt many, many years ago and it had begun to fall apart. I wonder if this would rescue it???

    ReplyDelete