September 09, 2013

I Have a Dream...

So yesterday I had a wonderful day spent scrapping, which means today I have a new LO to share with you.  You may remember that about two weeks ago I shared the following photo of supplies with you:


I was all set to start this LO when I suddenly discovered that I hadn't printed the photo like I thought I had so then I had to wait until my new photo order came in.  Anyway, those supplies turned into this:


This beautiful photo realistic chalk pastel paper from Webster's Pages was actually available at the local Panduro Hobby here in Sweden shortly after New Year so I snatched up several sheets of what was available.  This is not my typical style of paper *at all* but I decided I wanted to challenge myself to use it so I've been saving one sheet of it - until now.  A LO about scrapbooking seemed to be the perfect choice for using this paper and I love the soft, pastel colours.


I knew I wanted to have some hidden journaling in the glassine bag and I used my vintage Olivetti to type 'Can you keep a secret?' on the top of the bag.  I actually had a brain wave for most of the journaling the night before in bed so I typed it up on my phone to use later.


For the rest of the LO, I decided to just use a lot of layering and dug into my scrap basket.  There's sort of a little bit of everything in there - corrugated cardstock, labels, patterned papers, a transparency, a banner, washi tape, stickers, etc.  I decided to add the frames while working on the fly and I quite like how they draw your attention into the photo.  Some dimensional embellishments with the cork arrows, the flair and enamel dots.  I also used a 2Peas star paper clip and oh my, such fun!  I can tell I'm going to become obsessed with those...


I also used some word, phrase and number stickers, sprinkled around the page.  I knew the moment I saw that MME phrase sticker, 'Reach, Imagine, Dream' that it was perfect for this LO.  I'm also really loving that Kensei Thickers font.

2 comments:

  1. FABULOUS layout and I love how you used the frames!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I never thought to do a LO for the scrapbooking items I use. Yes. I have done a lot of LO's on the people I crop with. I am going make sure I take some pics a this weekends crop, so I too can share my dream. Thank you, love what you did here.

    ReplyDelete