September 07, 2013

Flashback to the '80s

So with the impending bathroom renovation on the horizon, I had to spend some time this week shifting things out of kitchen and bathroom cabinets and moving things out of the foyer.  It's amazing what you will find doing these sorts of things.

I've had a large box sitting relatively untouched in my foyer since moving into my flat that I started sorting through in the hopes of getting rid of most of it.  Turns out there was a lot more in there than I had remembered (always the way, right?) and then a small treasure I didn't even know I still had:


This is an old photo badge (AKA flair) of myself - probably around age 7 - and my mum and granny, taken at Canada's Wonderland back in the '80s.  I can't believe I still have this.  Furthermore, I can't think for the life of me why I brought it to Sweden; but I do find myself sitting starring at it time and again.

I don't yet have any old photos scanned from my childhood so this discovery has excited me at the possibility of scrapping my younger self.  I'll keep you posted on the layout.

Oh, and last week I shared a link to fotor.com, a website that allows you to make photo collages for free.  Well, I received my latest photo order, including several collages made using their site, two of which were enlarged to 15x20cm and they look great - everything retained the original photo quality so I'm pleased and will continue to use them again.

4 comments:

  1. What a treasure! I am always thinking to myself that I should get rid of any box I haven't opened in 14 years (when we moved into this house) but you have shown me why I shouldn't...at least until I go through them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great discovery! i think you need to do a page with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. agreed you definitely need to scrapbook this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing post, thanks a lot for posting this. I am surely going to implement them. Keep updating.

    magnetic badges & identity badges

    ReplyDelete