August 21, 2013

WIP Wednesday

Is it only Wednesday?  This week was the start of lessons with my new class for the academic year and I'm exhausted.  It's been an extremely rough start to the year, I'm sad to say.  However, the one shining star this week was the arrival of my new 2Peas order - yeah!  I'll see about getting a little video together later this weekend to share with you.

In the meantime, I've started pulling some supplies for a new layout I have planned, although I just discovered tonight that I haven't printed the photo like I thought I had.  Hmm.  I'm not the type of person who makes layouts without the photos - I like to work from the photo first, then choose papers and then finally embellishments.  However, I'm sure I can manage for just one layout and it will be an interesting exercise for myself.

Supplies pulled so far:


Buried on the bottom of this pile you might be able to make out this lovely photo-realistic chalk pastels paper by Allison Kreft for Webster's Pages.  I've been wanting to challenge myself to use this side of the paper for a layout for some time now and this is it!  I've also pulled a number of goodies from my new goodie box - exclusive 2Peas star paperclips (smaller than I had assumed), SC cork embellishments as well as FP cork arrows, Thickers in the funky Kensie font, SC Sundrifter die cuts, CP The Pier stickers, MME enamel dots, labels and tile phrases - just to name a few!

I was really hoping to get started on this layout now but after the day I've had today, I just need to sit and veg for a bit.  Look for an update come the weekend, though (with any luck).

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you've got some awesome supplies to work with! Have fun!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope your week gets better and those indeed are some good looking supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping your week turns around, your order looks full of fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope things get better! Can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that sounds like one tough week. I was a teacher for ten years and some and this is the first fall I'm not preparing for a new year and it feels surreal... and wonderful. I wish you listening pupils and happy parents for the coming year! I love your pile of supplies! Take care!

    ReplyDelete