July 14, 2013

Pinspiration Sunday

It's been a lovely, long do-nothing sort of day today and since it's closing in on midnight, I'll keep this one short and sweet.  Go grab your hot beverage of choice and enjoy the photo love.

Currently:

* reading - Papercraft Inspirations (August issue)
* making - slab quilt blocks
* drinking - water
* wearing - PJs
* weather - partly cloudy, 16C
* feeling - excited to be starting two scrapbooking classes tomorrow (more info soon)
* wanting - to do everything and nothing at the same time
* needing - to get to bed
* planning - how best to rework my space & better organise my scrapping supplies
* thinking - not much right now
* loving - having spent the day playing Sims 3 (geek alert)
* enjoying - my summer holiday


I have officially started sewing/collecting my own blocks for this project and should shortly have the last of my donation blocks ready to post to Alberta to assist in the recovery project.  Again, if you're a quilter and would like to get rid of your scraps and help others in need, please check out this awesome initiative.


OMG, how freakin' cute is this hedgehog?  I *love* hedgehogs (they're right up there with owls and cats).


This page reminded me that I've been wanting to use triangles for a while now and have yet to do so.  I have one final photo unscrapped from a quilt exhibition trip last  year so this could be the perfect inspiration.  I have some plans...  I've just not been very good about follow-through lately.  *sighs*


And a follow-up on the washi tape buttons idea from last week, how about covering brads with washi?  Love it (although it seems very fiddly, considering the average size of most brads).  However, I do have some extremely old - as in, one of the first scrapbooking supply kits I ever bought old - large brads in drab not-me colours that could seriously benefit from this idea.  We shall experiment.


Okay, I haven't actually tested this yet because I don't have a series of photos for it but this sounds reasonably awesome for those of us who travel regularly and sometimes you just want that perfect shot without people you don't know standing around in it.  If you try it, I'd love to know what your results are like.


So I've been catching up on listening to PRT and in one of the semi-recent episodes, Amy Tan and Kelly Perky were on discussing scrapbooking food.  Now, if you know me you'll know that my girl friends and I go out to supper every Thursday during the academic year and we love to take and post photos of our food.  Yeah, we're foodies all right.  So you know I'm interested in these awesome stamps.  I also know there's been a lot of chat lately on the 2Peas board about the generally not great service at Simple Simon Stamps but I just have to have these (there's a second set, too).  I'm thinking I'll order them sometime before Christmas and have them shipped to my parents in Canada, thereby cutting down on the shipping cost and if someone in the family wants to claim it as a gift for me, everyone's happy.

All right, the cat's freaking out and I need to get to bed.  Cheers and sleep well, folks.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, love the links. Thanks! That tutorial re: Photoshop looks AMAZING.

    Simon Says Stamp sometimes takes a long time to ship, but in general I've had great service from them when I've emailed with questions about my order. And I haven't had anything go wrong yet and I've ordered maybe 4-5 times this year.

    Also, Kelly Purkey's stamps are amazingly good quality - they're my favorites of anything in my collection. I keep eyeing that foodie set, too!

    ReplyDelete