June 26, 2013

Reviewing May LOAD

So last month I challenged myself to do a 'layout a day' (LOAD).  It took me a little longer than I had initially planned to wrap up those last few layouts but I kept out all the pages I had made and earlier this week I sorted through all of them and decided that I would share before filing them away into their albums.  Today's video will give you a little tour of those creations.


I also sat down and put together the new job card for a friend that I've been mulling over in my head the last few days.  Inspiration for this card initially came from the July issue of Papercraft Inspirations, where they feature a new job card using a paper pieced clipboard.  I've taken the clipboard idea and made it my own.


The clipboard is made from a scrap of kraft cardstock that I rounded the corners of and then grunged up with sandpaper and distress ink.  I've done some random stamping with a date roller to mimic a well-used clipboard, added some ruler washi tape and since I didn't have a little bull dog clip, paper pieced one with an eyelet that I painted silver.

While I was sifting through my scraps I stumbled upon some old Graphic 45 school primer paper I had forgotten I had (an 8x8 pad someone sent me in a swap).  The handwriting paper was perfect to layer onto the clipboard and a polka dot paper covered the card front.  I wanted to keep the overall design reasonably simple so as not to detract from the cute theme paper but it was a little too monochromatic at this point so I added the red washi tape, letters and star.  The kraft tag added a horizontal element and then I balanced out the left side with a stamp.

Now I just need to get a birthday card for my uncle made...

No comments:

Post a Comment