June 23, 2013

Pinspiration Sunday

It's Sunday today and that means a little reflection on the things that have been inspiring me this last week so go grab a cup of your favourite hot beverage and cozy up for some photo love...

Currently:
  • listening - Mix Megapol radio station, Sunday countdown
  • making - new job congratulations card for a friend
  • wearing - PJs
  • weather - overcast, 16C
  • feeling - hungry
  • wanting - The Sims 3 Island Paradise EP to release sooner (Jun. 27)
  • planning - to cycle to West Harbour tonight to take photos of the 'super moon' (if weather co-operates)
  • loving - spending all morning curled up in bed with my laptop

Cindy has a great blog with stunning modern quilt and sewing designs.  I stumbled across her last week and she's a quilter after my own design style (but much more productive than I).  If you love sewing, go check her out: Hyacinth Quilt Designs.

Also from Hyacinth Quilt Designs, I totally fell in love with this unique quilt block design.  I think it would be beautiful in rich autumnal colours and made into Thanksgiving placemats - I'm thinking just a single feather on the left side and white space with some wavy quilting lines on the right.  I think I need to make a set of those both for myself and as a Christmas gift for my mum.  A matching table runner would be lovely, too, but I think I would set the feathers side-by-side is opposite directions.  You can download the pattern for free: Feather Bed Quilt Pattern.

Simply Sweet fabric line by Lori Whitlock for EP by Riley Blake Designs.  I love that more and more paper manufacturing companies are converting their designs into fabric (EP, MME, Bella Blvd just to name a few) and I love pretty much everything Lori Whitlock designs so this line is making me swoon right now!  It comes in three colourways (blue, pink and white).  Source: The Little Fabric Shop.

Also by Riley Blake Designs are these awesome large polka dot ombre fabrics in a rainbow of colours!  How fun are these!  I bet they would make super cool quilt/runner/wall hanging backings or borders.  Even chopping them up and using them in block designs would be cool, since you'd get a range of tints and shades throughout the project.  Source: The Little Fabric Shop.

From Christa Paustenbaugh's blog.  I'm absolutely loving how she cut up her photo for this cool "shutter shades" effect.  In fact, I love it even more because the reason she cut it up was due to lines her printer had made on the photo - most of us would have just binned it but she made it work!  I must try something like this.

From June Stricker's blog.  I like how June's thought outside of the box here and changed up her card shape - if you tilt your head to the right, you see a diamond shape.  I'm tucking away this idea for any future engagement cards I may need to make.  I also really like how she layered up papers and washi tapes.

From the new Carta Bella Hello Again collection, set to release mid-July.  I'm absolutely head-over-heels for this paper and if I buy nothing else from the collection, I just might add 10 copies of this paper to my cart!

Pear Brights - I have a new LO gelling in my head that uses this colour palette but think I might have to first re-print one of the photos first.

Enjoy your Sunday!

7 comments:

  1. Ahh - so much loveliness on your blog! I pinned the Christina P layout and that clever card too, but I hadn't seen the fabrics (drooling...) or that spectacular colour scheme. Thanks so much for sharing this delicious round-up of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am anxiously awaiting the hello again collection as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing my card! What a nice surprise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the great scrapbook companies offering fabric really makes me wish I could sew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! So much fun to see what is inspiring others, especially on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love that chevron paper! And the color scheme is so inpsiring.

    ReplyDelete